Monday, November 19, 2012

Gingerbread Cocoa



Hello! I know that the holidays are a crazy time for many, myself included. Between the cooking, cleaning, baking, family, friends, parties and all that the holidays entail it is always nice to sit and take a minute to relax. I like to do that with a cup of cocoa!



But then again if you have followed this blog or my other one, Pine Cones and Acorns, for any length of time than you already know that. 


Although I love good old fashioned cocoa I do like to experiment a little with new recipes. This week, I found a copy of Southern Living 2011 and inside was this delicious recipe for Gingerbread Cocoa. 



Gingerbread Cocoa
Recipe from Southern Living
Makes 16 cups

2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. apple pie spice
11/2 tsp. ginger
1 gallon of milk

Whisk together first four ingredients in a 6 quart pan. Gradually add milk and whisk until combined. Cook mixture over medium heat for 20 minutes or until bubbles appear around the edges of the pan.

You can either serve immediately, or transfer to s slow cooker and leave on low to have a wonderful beverage all day long.


I enjoyed this cocoa, it is rich and creamy and the gingerbread flavor is a wonderful addition to the cocoa. The other thing that I like is that the recipe is for a crowd, it make 16 cups! I think it would be perfect for Christmas morning or a skating party or even a cookie exchange. I already have this added to my family Christmas menu. 

I hope you try this recipe and if you have a great cocoa recipe than let me know. 

Enjoy your day!

Linking to:
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style

No comments: