Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Apples

Hello! Happy Day!
I know that it is November, but I was so busy this week that I did not have time to post my caramel apples that I made. 


I know a lot of people enjoy these around Halloween, but I personally like to eat them all year. In fact when I am in Wisconsin I frequently visit Amy's Candy Kitchen for gourmet home made caramel apples. 



When I am at home I like to make caramel apples from scratch, as well as using my favorite Halloween treat, Kraft caramels. This year I made both versions, but today I showing the ones I made using Kraft caramels.



The recipe is so easy, in about 20 minutes you have a nice tasty treat.



Kraft Caramel Apples
recipe Kraft

Ingredients:

1 bag of Kraft caramels
5 washed and dried apples
1 tablespoon of water

Directions:

Unwrap all caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl, add water. Heat for three minutes or until the caramels are  melted. Place sticks into the apples and dip into the caramel. Place apples on a Silphat and place into the refrigerator.

Options: If you want to dip in chocolate, I use chocolate chips and melt them then dip the apples and roll in cranberries, and pistachios.



Are you a fan of caramel apples? Do you have a special recipe that you use? I would love to hear about it.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: