Saturday, December 24, 2016

Decadent Spiced Bourbon Hot Chocolate


Tis' the season to be jolly...I don't know about you but with Christmas just a few days away I am feeling a little stressed. I cannot wait until until I have the last of my tasks finished and I can sit down and relax with a drink and a book and wait for Christmas. 




Cup vintage, similar here, similar napkins here).


With the winter chill roaring across the country hot chocolate is going to be my drink of choice for the coming week. I decided to combine a few of mine and my husbands favorite ingredients to make a decadent, spiced and spiked hot chocolate. Cinnamon and chocolate are a perfect combination, add a shot of two of bourbon and I think you have a drink that everyone can enjoy. Obviously if you are serving kids leave out the bourbon. 




Cup vintage, similar here, napkins old, similar here

Decadent Spiced Bourbon Hot Chocolate 


11/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons powdered sugar or to taste
8 oz. 72% chocolate chopped
2 ounces of Bourbon whiskey

Garnish with whipped cream

In a saucepan over medium heat add the cream, milk, cinnamon and powdered sugar, whisk to combine. When bubbles form around the edges turn the heat to low and whisk in the chopped chocolate until melted and incorporated. Add the bourbon and mix to combine. Pour into cups and garnish with whipped cream.






Note: If you are lucky enough to live in an area that Drizly covers you can order your achoo online and have it delivered to your door! They are still growing and have a limited delivery area. Check out their site for more details.





No comments: