Saturday, December 3, 2016

Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting


I don't know about you but I have my "go to" cake recipe and my "go to frosting" and I LOVE them both but sometimes I feel like trying something new. So when I discovered this Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting I couldn't wait to try it. 




This recipe is delicious, it is rich, creamy and tastes just like melted fudge. 

Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Recipe from Go go go Gourmet

12 tablespoons of butter
4.5 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
11/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
11/2 teaspoons vanilla
11/2 lbs. powdered sugar
1/2 cup whole milk

In a microwave safe bowl microwave chocolates and butter together in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 increment until the mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla.
Add powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixture fitted with a whisk attachment. Then slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the powdered sugar while the mixture is running. 
Add the milk a little at a time, add only as much as it needed to obtain a smooth and spreadable frosting. 




Enjoy!





SaveSave

No comments: