Sunday, January 12, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Magic Bars



Magic Bars are one of my favorite desserts to make, they are perfect right out of the oven, or paired with vanilla ice cream and fudge topping. 




They are also one of the most versatile bars that you can make because you can basically add any kinds of chips, candy bars, nuts, fruits, or toppings and have the perfect dessert.




After the holidays I ended up with a few bags of mini candy bars, Kit-Kat's, and Peanut Butter cups among them; and as chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations I thought they would make the  the perfect Magic Bar. I was correct, they are perfect. These bars are chocolaty, with a hint of peanut butter, a little crunchy and buttery sweet from the graham crackers and condensed milk. 





Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Magic Bars


1/2 cup melted butter

11/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs

1 can of Eagle brand condensed milk

3 cups if chopped candy bars, Kit-Kats, Peanut Butter Cups




Heat oven to 350. Melt butter and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Mix in graham cracker crumbs. Pour condensed milk over the crumbs and then layer the remaining ingredients evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool.






Tell me, do you have a Magic Bar combination that you enjoy? Are you a traditionalist or do you experiment with different combinations of chocolate, coconut and nuts? Please share your favorite and if you try this one come back and let me know what you thought of it. 


Linking to:
Stone Gable

2 comments:

greenthumb said...

They look so good I'm going to try and make these.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I will definitely try these!

BTW, I served the chocolate oatmeal to my picky granddaughters last week. It was a winner.