Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Chocolate Pot From Paris

I have been in Paris for a the last week, and I think that aside from eating my weight in eclair chocolat, I probably drank my husbands weight in chocolat chaud! I cannot get enough of Parisian hot chocolate, I love it dark, with whipped cream, and without, and I particularly like it when it comes in a little pot like this!


Chocolate pot with wood molinet

Getting ready to make the perfect cup
I love hot chocolate!
 I purchased this pot on my trip this past week, it is a traditional design, made in porcelain. The original pots like this were made of precious metals, and like chocolate were only owned by the very wealthy.

To use this little pot, you place your chocolate pieces into the pot, add the hot milk and sugar if that is your recipe, wait a few moments for the chocolate to melt; place the molinet into the pot and put the top on. Take the molinet between your two hands and rub the stick between them as if you are starting a fire. This will emulsify the milk and the chocolate and make it frothy. Pour and enjoy!

Perfect dark chocolate chunks to melt!



How do you make your hot chocolate? Do you have a special pot? Do you have a fabulous recipe that you use? I would love to hear about it! This little post make the perfect cup!



If you want to see more from my trip to Paris come over to Pine Cones and Acorns, and see the adventures I had.

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

ELIZABETH!!!!!! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE!!! I have a steel pot that I use that I got in France, but this same design! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU VISIT ME!!!

Oh dearest, do you have SKYPE? We should do that some time if you do; we would be able to SEE EACH OTHER! I cannot wait to hear about your trip. Oh, it is so good to see you again! MUCH LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Palomasea said...

Dearest Anita is here for the first time:))) Oooh, she will enjoy your chocolate wonderland!
Elizabeth, I love this little pot, it must be so much fun to use!
I was thinking of your chocolat chaud adventures in Paris..did you make a stop at Angelina's? I have yet to taste their liquid gold.

Bisous,
- Irina

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Thanks Upscale Bohemian! I love it!