Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Double Chocolate Bourbon Brownies with Hershey's Chocolate Frosting




Good morning! Are you ready for a decadent, moist, fudgy brownie that might possibly be the "best" brownie that you have ever eaten? As I have mentioned numerous times I am a huge brownie fan, but only fudge brownies, not cake like; add a little or a lot of frosting and I could enjoy a whole pan, not in one sitting of course, but maybe in a day.




While perusing the Internet for Kentucky Derby party ideas for my other blog, Pine Cones and Acorns I came across this recipe from Broma Bakery and I knew it would be perfect for the weekend.  After all, the Kentucky Derby is all about the bourbon and the horses. The only thing I changed was the frosting, I made my favorite frosting from Hershey's instead. 





Double Chocolate Bourbon Brownies
Recipe from Broma Bakery

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 tablespoons Bourbon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Line 8x8" baking pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl, you can do this in the microwave, 30 second intervals until melted.
Add sugar to chocolate mixture, stir well. Then add the bourbon, eggs and salt. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until smooth and shiny but do not be overzealous. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE.

Cool completely, then frost with your favorite frosting or a quarter recipe of Hershey's Chocolate Frosting or to make the Bourbon Frosting that the original recipe called for click here.





I hope that you enjoy these brownies and your weekend!




2 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

As always, I will try your recipe because they are always wonderful. However, as much as I love frosting, I might skip that part. Too much of a good thing might be too much for me.

Vel Criste said...

I'm a brownie fanatic so this is a MUST-TRY for me! Thank you dear!