Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chocolat Chaud

Image Source

I don't know about you but to me Fall is: cosy fires, crisp air, falling leaves and weekends inside. I love to have stacks of books and movies streaming with a cup of cocoa and a plate of treats while I wile away  the weekends on my couch with my husband and pup.

Image Pine Cones and Acorns Blog

This is a recipe for my favorite French drinking chocolate. It is rich, creamy and full of chocolate. I hope you try it!


Chocolat Chaud


1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbsp. water
2  Tbsp. granulated sugar
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, water, and sugar. Place over medium heat and whisk occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and heat the mixture until bubbles form around the edge of the pan.  Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate. Blend mixture with an immersion blended. You can do this  in the saucepan but  make sure that you are careful or you will have hot chocolate all over the kitchen! If you do not feel like blending it than just whisk vigorously.

I make this every morning instead of breakfast and I love it! Tell me, do you have a favorite hot chocolate recipe?

Happy Autumn, Happy Fall, Happy Day! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Please, would tell me where I might order a cup like the one shown on your blog today.
Thank you......