Thursday, December 19, 2013

Neilsen Massey Peppermint Hot Chocolate

I am a huge fan of hot chocolate but then again if you read this blog you already knew that. Now that the weather is getting downright cold and the holidays just around the corner this Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect drink for yourself and your guests.



Recently, Neilsen-Massey the vanilla and flavoring company offered me the opportunity to try a few of their products. As I routinely use the Vanilla and Vanilla bean paste I thought I would branch out and try something new, one of the flavors I choose was the peppermint extract and boy am I happy that I did.



The pure peppermint extract is smooth and is the perfect compliment to the rich chocolate flavor of this cocoa. There is no aftertaste, just a sweet, fresh and minty flavor. In addition to hot chocolate I think it would be fabulous in cakes and brownies, not to mention a few savory dishes as well. 



Peppermint Hot Chocolate

1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
1 teaspoon, plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup of half and half
5 oz. 60% chocolate, chopped

candy canes or Andes Peppermint candy for garnish

Take 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of sugar and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside in refrigerator.

In a medium saucepan add half and half, milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar, whisk together over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth then add the extract and mix again. Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped cream, candy canes or chopped peppermint candy.




I hope that you have a great holiday. Enjoy your time with family and friends this week!


NOTE: I have not been compensated for this post. I was given a sample of  the product.  My opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way by the manufacturer. 

1 comment: