Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rolo Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies



I love cereal treats, brownies, caramels, marshmallows and peanut butter. The combination of all of them together may sound strange but it is delicious! It may be one of my favorite brownies ever. Not only are they scrumptious but they are EASY. 

As I still have a basket of Easter candy sitting in my pantry I decided to use what I had and since I was lazy I started with a mix. My favorite brownie mix to use is Ghiradelli but you can use which ever you like



Rolo Marshmallow Chocolate Krispie Brownies

Ingredients:
1 Box of Brownie Mix and ingredients on package
1/2 Bag of Rolo's opened and cut into pieces
1/2 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff or Marshmallow Easter eggs cut in pieces
2 cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
2 cups of Krispie Rice Cereal

Directions:

Prepare a box of brownies according to the directions on the package. Bake in a 8x8 inch pan lined with foil.  After they are cooked according to the package directions let cool for a few minutes. Pour the marshmallow fluff in a layer over the brownies, and then put a layer of the Rolo's over the top. Return the pan to the oven for a few minutes until the Rolo's melt. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Add the peanut butter and the chocolate chips to a small sauce pan and over low heat melt and combine. Once mixture is melted add the Krispie Rice Cereal and mix well. Pour the mixture over the brownies and spread to cover.

Place pan in refrigerator to cool completely before cutting.


Note: I like the chocolate layer to have more Krispie Rice cereal in it, so I added about another 1/2 cup. I also cooled mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then lifted the bars out of the pan by the foil and cut into pieces. Then returned the pan to the refrigerator. I also used chocolate covered marshmallow eggs for the marshmallow layer as I had a bag of them left but marshmallow fluff serves the same purpose. 





These brownies are rich so I recommend cutting them into small squares to serve. I think that you will enjoy the rich chocolate flavor combined with the salty caramel, sweet marshmallows and the krispie peanut crunch.


Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch
Stone Gable

No comments: