Thursday, March 17, 2016

Chocolate Guinness Stout Brownies






This week is St. Patrick's day and there are a lot of great recipes out there to celebrate with. One of my absolute favorites are these Chocolate-Guiness Stout Brownies from Bon Appetit. This recipe is easy and delicious! The brownies are dense, moist, and fudgey, more like a baked fudge than a regular brownie. The stout gives a little bit of a nutty flavor and the coffee makes the chocolate more rich.




Chocolate Guiness Stout Brownies
Recipe from Bon Appetit

1/2 cup of Guiness Stout or chocolate Stout
1/4 cup strong coffee(my addition)
12 oz. chocolate, semisweet, bittersweet or a combination
1 cup butter
11/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt






Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil and cooking spray. In a medium saucepan bring stout and coffee to a boil and reduce to 1/4 cup. 

In a double boiler or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water melt the chocolate and the butter and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool a little. 

Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl to blend. Then add the chocolate and the stout/coffee mixture. Once smooth, fold in the flour and the salt. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. 

Cool on wire rack then enjoy.

Note: The original recipe does not include coffee, I add it because I think it makes the brownies taste richer. Also, the original had a chocolate stout glaze/frosting. I just drizzles mine with a little melted chocolate I had. You can obviously do whatever you like. 






I hope that you have a great day! Enjoy!






Linking to:
The Scoop
Talk of the Town
Ducks in a Row
The Essence of Home

2 comments:

Rian said...

Sounds delicious to me! May have to try baking some. I love dark chocolate and I also always add espresso granules to my chocolate when I bake. It does bring out the flavor of the chocolate. And I love Guiness! So this combinations sounds pretty good.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

chocolate brownies love it will be pinning can't go wrong with chocolate thanks for sharing