Friday, May 4, 2012

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake





I love chocolate and I LOVE cheesecake! As I was browsing through an old pile of tear sheets I came across a recipe from the original and incomparable Martha Stewart. I do so enjoy a great recipe from Martha, and let me tell you this one is FABULOUS! I have made many, many cheesecakes but this has to be my favorite.






Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe  adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients

  • 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate Oreo cookies
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 4 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • dash of nutmeg
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
  • 2 ounces of milk chocolate melted




Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Assemble a 9-inch spring form pan with the raised side of the bottom facing down.
  2. In a blender, pulse cookies until finely ground. Add butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to prepared pan, and press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 10 minutes, and set aside.
  3.  In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth with electric mixer. Add eggs, then sour cream, and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. This is where I separated part of the filling and added the melted milk chocolate to 1/2 of the filling.
  4. Pour filling onto crust, and bake just until set, 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit 1 hour in oven, without opening (this helps prevent cracking).
  5. Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan (this helps prevent cracking, too); leave in pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Cover loosely and refrigerate, at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
  6.  Unmold cheesecake. Spread ganache in center of cheesecake (IF USING)  let set before serving.

NOTES: I made a 1/2 recipe. And used a 5 inch cheesecake pan. I also decided instead of making Ganache for the top after it was finished, I took part of the filling about  1/4 and added a melted milk chocolate to it. So my directions are as above, if you want to have a layer of ganache on top than follow the link to Martha Stewart's website.







What do you think? Will you try this recipe? I hope that you do and come back and let me know! It is yummy and I will be making it again soon!


Have a great weekend!
Note: All images taken by me, Pine Cones and Acorns Blog/ Once Upon a Chocolate Life.

Come over to visit my other blog Pine Cones and Acorns too or follow me on Pinterest.

Linking to :




French Country Living











Boogie Board Cottage



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or FB??

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Nancy Elizabeth Carey said...

coming from savvy southern -OMG this loooks amazing!! gott try it some day!! xo nancy elizabeth

Six Sisters said...

fame This looks heavenly!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

Tito Eric said...

Oh my ... I'd love to have a piece.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Now I'm hungry for cheesecake and I still have hot fudge that I made for my post which is also linked at Brambleberry Cottage where I found you. Give me a week, and I bet I'll be working on making this. Thanks. Hope you'll stop by Quirky Vistas and visit me there!
Liz

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

This recipe I have to try. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays! Have a delicious week!


Jody

DIYbyDesign said...

Wow that looks fabulous. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, yum!! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry