Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa is one of my favorite people to watch on the Food Network, not only for her recipes but for the views of her fabulous house, barn and garden. Her cookbooks are also a favorite, for the beautiful photography, and delicious recipes.
This recipe is one of the most popular of the Barefoot Contessa, which was Ina's shop in the Hampton's. As I have mentioned on this blog in the past, this recipe is delicious and outrageous because the recipe makes enough brownies for an army, 20 huge brownies or 40 regular size.
recipe adapted from Ina Garten
1 pound butter
1 pound plus 12 oz of semisweet chips
6 oz unsweetened chocolate
6 extra large eggs
3 tablespoons of coffee granules
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup sugar
11/4 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups of walnuts optional
|Eggs, sugar, vanilla, coffee|
|Egg mixture, melted chocolate mixture and flour|
|All ingredients, mixed and waiting for a pan|
|Too Hot to Handle!|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour a 12x18x1 inch baking sheet
3. Melt butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
4.Set aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, coffee, vanilla. Do not beat. Set aside.
6. Stir slightly cooled chocolate into egg/sugar mixture, cool to room temperature.
7. In medium bowl, sift salt,flour and baking powder.
8. Add flour mixture to cooling chocolate mixture. Pour into baking sheet.
9. Bake 20 minutes, then tap pan on oven rack to release air bubbles. Bake another 15 minutes, test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, do not over bake. Allow to cool.
I hope you enjoy these! They are delicious and a favorite of all the brownie lovers in my life!