Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Best and Most Decadent Hot Chocolate EVER

I love hot chocolate and drink it everyday, sometimes twice a day. I have my "go to recipe" but am frequently searching for that chocolat chaud that takes me back to my travels in France and Italy. If you have been to either country you know the sort of drink I am talking about, almost like a liquid ganache. Rich, chocolaty and so good that you really only need an espresso cup full.





This recipe is the closest I have come to the chocolat chaud at Angelina's in Paris and frankly it could not be easier. 

Decadent Hot Chocolate 
Recipe from Tasty

8 oz. 72% chocolate chopped
11/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar or to taste

In a saucepan over medium heat add the cream, milk and powdered sugar, whisk to combine. When bubbles form around the edges turn to low heat whisk in the chopped chocolate until melted and incorporated. Pour into cups and garnish with whipped cream.

It is excellent the first day but I think it tastes best the next day or even the day after, it gets thicker and richer. 




Enjoy!



Linking to:
Flour Me with Love

No comments: