Saturday, January 16, 2016

Mississippi Mud Pie Hot Chocolate




Good morning! Another chilly day here in the South, but I guess that is ok as it is Winter. On cold mornings like these I love the make a big pot of hot chocolate so that I can start the day with not only something that I love but something that is chocolaty and delicious.




So much better tasting than oatmeal, not necessarily healthier but definitely more chocolaty, that is unless you are having some of my scrumptious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal


Mississippi Mud Pie Hot Chocolate

Recipe from Phillip Ashley Rix
The Local Palate Magazine December 2015

11/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heave cream
1 vanilla bean split
4 oz. dark chocolate
2 oz. milk chocolate
1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
2 oz. bourbon(optional)
mini marshmallows for garnish

In a medium pan combine milk, cream and the scraped beans from the vanilla bean as well as the pod. Set over medium heat until hot.
Add chocolates, stir until completely melted and incorporated. Turn to low, add cinnamon and stir.

Remove the vanilla bean. Mixture will thicken as it simmers, be careful not to scotch the mixture.

Stir in the bourbon and remove from heat. Pour into cups and add garnish.

NOTE: I do not add the Bourbon when I make this, but a lot of people love it this way for an afternoon or evening drink.





I hope you try this or one of my other Favorite Hot Chocolate Recipes! Stay warm and have a great week.


No comments: