Now that Thanksgiving is over it is time to pull out all of the recipes I have been collecting this year to try at Christmas. Gingerbread is a staple of the holidays and I thought that the addition of chocolate would be perfect.
As this is my first time combining the two flavors I decided to try an easy recipe first, one in which the base is a box cake mix. The cupcakes came out perfect, and the chocolate frosting is an excellent addition, although you could also use a cream cheese frosting too.
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Recipe from Betty Crocker
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 11/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Chocolate Frosting
- sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350, prepare cupcake pans with cooking spray or paper liners. Make cake mix according to directions on the box. Stir in molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and clover.
- Bake 18-20 minute or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, frost with chocolate frosting.
- Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting
- Recipe from Hershey's
- 1 stick butter melted
2/3 cup of cocoa
1/3 cup of milk
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
Melt butter in large bowl, whisk of use electric hand held mixer to bled in cocoa. Add one cup of powdered sugar, and a little milk, alternating between the two until both are used up and the frosting is creamy. Add vanilla and blend.
There are many recipe for Chocolate Gingerbread recipes that I want to try this year, the next one will be completely from scratch. Do you have a recipe that you have made before and love? If so please share it because it is always nice to have recipes to try that others know and love.