Saturday, December 1, 2012

Raspberry Hot Chocolate



Hello! I hope you are having a good weekend. Are you decorating for Christmas? Do you have your tree up?


Is it warm? Do you feel a chill in the air? Or is it downright cold? Today it is a little chilly here and of course I am experimenting with some hot chocolate recipes. I made some raspberry hot chocolate and thought you might want to try it!






Raspberry Hot Chocolate

Adapted from Food Network

Ingredients

  • 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped or 6 oz 60% Ghiradelli bittersweet chips
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, I use Droste
  • 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (recommended Chambord)
  • Snowmen, candy cane marshmallows for garnish, optional

Directions

Combine everything except the liqueur in a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes.
Continue to cook, whisking frequently until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in liqueur, top with marshmallows and serve immediately.




This hot chocolate is delicious, it is creamy, sweet, chocolaty and there is a hint of raspberry, it is like eating a candy bar.  I know that I do say that all of the time but lets face it, I would not write about something that I do not like! 

I hope you try it, and if you have a favorite chocolate recipe do let me know and I will come and check it out!

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YUM, YUM, YUM.

Elizabeth....I REMEMBER NOW SEEING YOUR PROFILE PIC HERE! You are beautiful my dear! Oh don't you love raspberries and chocolate?

Maria said...

Mmm sounds delicious! Nothing like a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's night! The marshmallows look so good! Merry Christmas!