Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Puppy Chow Krispie Treats




Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddy recipes are everywhere, especially at this time of year as people are thinking of easy Christmas snack and gift ideas. 



While I was perusing Pinterest I found a great recipe for Puppy Chow Krispie Treats from the blog Cookies and Cups.



If you like rice krispie treats, chocolate and peanut butter than you are going to love these bars. 



Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddy Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe from Cookies & Cups


2 cups of chocolate chips an
3/4 cup of peanut butter creamy or chunky, your choice
4 cups of krispie rice cereal
1 cup of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup of powdered sugar

Prepare  an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips until smooth, add the peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Then add the marshmallows and cereal and stir until combined. Press into the pan. Sift powdered sugar over the top.  Refrigerate until cool then cut and serve.



All images Pine Cones and Acorns
 What do you think? Do you like "puppy chow"? I had never had this chocolate peanut butter mix until a month ago and I loved it but to be honest I like these bars much better.


I think I like the puppy chow bars more because there is less powdered sugar, and that way you can really taste the chocolate and peanut butter combination. Thankfully I had an appointment today where I took these bars along or I might have eaten the entire pan!


Enjoy your day!

Linking to:
Stone Gable

No comments: