Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream







If you follow me here or at my other blog Pine Cones and Acorns than you know I love chocolate and sugar, and that is not listed in any particular order. I also love to bake and I really LOVE to give the things I make to people who either no longer bake or people who would never bake. It makes me so happy to see a smile from a cupcake or a brownie.






I frequently make cupcakes because they are easy to make and are easy to transport. Lately I have been meaning to try something new in the way of frosting and I think this cupcake fits the bill. The frosting is basically butter cream but it is taken to a new level with the addition of Marshmallow Fluff




I cannot even begin to tell you how good this frosting is. I ate a few spoons fulls to make sure that it tasted great and that the consistency was as it should be. In fact I ate so much I did not even try a cupcake frosted!




For the cupcakes, you can use whatever chocolate cake recipe you like. I used the old standby, which is my favorite, from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can, which you can find Here. But if you are in a hurry by all means use a mix. Any cupcake or cake is going to be fabulous with the addition of this frosting, I promise!




Marshmallow Cream Frosting:
Adapted from: Kraft Recipes

1 cup of softened butter (2 sticks)
1 7oz jar of  Marshmallow cream of marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
2 cups of powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
2-4 Tablespoons of heavy cream

In your stand mixer, place softened butter and beat for one minute until creamy. Add vanilla and marshmallow fluff, beat until mixed. Make sure to scrape the sides. Add the powdered sugar, mix on LOW! Slowly add the cream and then mix on high for 3-5 minutes. When you add the cream only add enough so that the frosting is at the consistency that you like.





I hope you try this out! I would love to know what you think!

Linking to:
Stone Gable


No comments: