Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats




I love cereal treats, especially Rice Krispie treats, and if they have chocolate and peanut butter than that just makes them all the better. Last week I made a batch and I took them to friends so that I would not eat them all. Then I had a craving for more, so I went to Pinterest for some inspiration and it did not disappoint. This recipe is a little different from the last, but no less tasty, as I had yet another bag of Reese's rabbits in my freezer I used them in place of the peanut butter cups.



Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
adapted from Picky Palate

Ingredients
5 Cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 cup Special K Cereal
1 large bag mini marshmallows
1/4 Cup butter
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag of  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
1/2 cup milk chocolate melted
1/2 cup dark chocolate melted


Directions

 Place Rice Krispies and Special K cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside. Place marshmallows and butter into a large bowl and microwave until puffed up, about 3 minutes.  Pour marshmallows into cereal, mix to combine then pour into a greased  8 x 8 inch baking dish and press into pan. Melt peanut butter until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.  Add chopped peanut butter cups, stir gently then pour over the cereal treats. Drizzle melted chocolate over top and swirl to make a nice pattern. Refrigerate to set, cut into squares and serve.



These are so yummy! I think they may be my new favorite cereal treat! If you try them please let me know that you think. And if you have a favorite cereal treat recipe I would love to hear about it!



Have a great day! I hope you can do better than me and only eat just one and not a half a pan!


No comments: