I love chocolate and I LOVE cheesecake! As I was browsing through an old pile of tear sheets I came across a recipe from the original and incomparable Martha Stewart. I do so enjoy a great recipe from Martha, and let me tell you this one is FABULOUS! I have made many, many cheesecakes but this has to be my favorite.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces of milk chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Assemble a 9-inch spring form pan with the raised side of the bottom facing down.
- In a blender, pulse cookies until finely ground. Add butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to prepared pan, and press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 10 minutes, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth with electric mixer. Add eggs, then sour cream, and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. This is where I separated part of the filling and added the melted milk chocolate to 1/2 of the filling.
- Pour filling onto crust, and bake just until set, 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit 1 hour in oven, without opening (this helps prevent cracking).
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan (this helps prevent cracking, too); leave in pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Cover loosely and refrigerate, at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Unmold cheesecake. Spread ganache in center of cheesecake (IF USING) let set before serving.
NOTES: I made a 1/2 recipe. And used a 5 inch cheesecake pan. I also decided instead of making Ganache for the top after it was finished, I took part of the filling about 1/4 and added a melted milk chocolate to it. So my directions are as above, if you want to have a layer of ganache on top than follow the link to Martha Stewart's website.
What do you think? Will you try this recipe? I hope that you do and come back and let me know! It is yummy and I will be making it again soon!
Have a great weekend!
Note: All images taken by me, Pine Cones and Acorns Blog/ Once Upon a Chocolate Life.
Come over to visit my other blog Pine Cones and Acorns too or follow me on Pinterest.
Linking to :
French Country Living
Boogie Board Cottage