Sunday, February 18, 2018

Real Simple Magazine Hot Cocoa Mix






I love hot chocolate and always enjoy trying a new recipe. Typically I make my hot chocolate with chopped chocolate but that is a little time consuming. So when I saw a recipe for a homemade mix in the February edition of Real Simple I thought I would try it out.

The recipe is simple, easy and delicious.





Hot Cocoa Mix
From Real Simple Magazine February 2018 

21/2 cups instant no-fat dry milk
2 cups confectioners sugar
11/2 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp.  freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt

Sift all of the ingredients together into a large bowl. 

To make a cup of cocoa: Place 1/4 cup of cocoa mix into a cup. Heat 1 cup of milk to a simmer. Pour 1/4 of hot milk over cocoa mix, stir until combined and smooth, then stir in the rest of the milk. 

Cocoa mix keeps in an airtight container for up to 3 months.





Linking to:
A Stroll Thru Life

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a lovely mix to have at hand when needing a bit of self-care or someone drops in unexpectedly.