Friday, March 20, 2015

Ritz Carleton Chocolate Chip Cookies





I love chocolate chip cookies, admittedly I like the raw dough probably as much as the actually cookies, and I am constantly on the hunt for the "best" one that suits my taste. I do not like flat cookies, I like think crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and filled with gooey chocolate!






These cookies have been on my Pinterest board or a long time but I am just now getting around to making them, perhaps because I was a little afraid of the 5 sticks of butter! Whatever the case they are delicious, a little soft, a little crunchy and filled to the brim with chocolate!






Ritz Carleton Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:

5 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups dark brown sugar
5 eggs
1Tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
6 cups flour
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silphat baking liner, set aside. 
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle cream together the butter, brown sugar and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy about 2 minutes, then add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated. In a another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt, then add to the sugar mixture. Stir until just incorporated. Then stir in the chocolate chips. 

Scoop batter onto baking sheets, I used an ice cream scoop and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are brown and centers are almost set.

Remove from oven, cool a bit on the pan then remove to wire rack to cool.


Notes:

I added 2 Tbsp. of vanilla, I use 65% dark chocolate chips and I added an extra cup of chocolate chips and I chilled my dough overnight. You do not need to to this.






I should also not that this recipe makes a lot of cookies which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your New Years resolutions. But you could make half the recipe of just give some away!

I hope that you enjoy them and if you have a favorite recipe, please share!




No comments: