Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

I love bars, and in fact I am pretty sure that I make note of that each and every time that I post a recipe for them here. Seriously, what it not to love, they are easy, no bake, and you can add or subtract pretty much anything and they always taste delicious!




This bar is your standard Scotcheroo but with a twist, a little salt and a lot more peanut butter in the form or peanut butter cups, or in my case peanut butter pumpkins.





Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Bars

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of corn syrup
1 cup of peanut butter
6 cups of krispie rice cereal

Topping:

2 cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of broken pretzels
6-8 snack size peanut butter cups

Prepare an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray. In a medium sauces pan over medium heat combine sugar and syrup and heat until sugar is dissolved. Then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, once incorporated add the cereal and mix well. Pour into prepared pan and press down evenly. Set aside.

In medium saucepan, over low heat melt the chocolate chips. Once melted, remove from eat and add the pretzels and mix well, then add the peanut butter cups. Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal mixture and smooth out. Cool, cut and enjoy!




These may be my new favorite cereal treat! The blend of the sweet and the salty flavors is a crunchy surprise and it is delicious!




The great things about the topping is that you can add whatever you have, pretzels, graham crackers,  or even more cereal. As for the peanut butter cups, you could add whatever bars you have, Snickers, Twix, Kit Kat all for a little added flavor and crunch!


I know that many people are a fan of cereal treats and Scotcheroo's but tell me what is your favorite thing to add to them? 

I hope you enjoy and have a great day!

2 comments:

greenthumb said...

They sound really tasty, we call them slices in Australia.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love bars, and this one sound scrumptious. I have to make these!