Good morning! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If that is the case, why not start the day with something healthy and a little decadent.
I eat oatmeal frequently, typically I add cinnamon and brown sugar and I have always enjoyed it that way. Now however I think my new breakfast of choice will be s'more oatmeal. This oatmeal is easy and delicious! Filled with bits of dark chocolate, creamy marshmallows and graham crumbs your ordinary oatmeal is transformed.
Recipe adapted from DoughMessTic The S'mores Cookbook
1 cup of oats
13/4 cup of water or milk
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
drizzle of honey
1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/8 cup of marshmallows
sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs
1. Bring water or milk and salt to a boil.
2. Add oats and reduce heat to medium and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cover, remove from heat .
4. Mix in tablespoon of brown sugar.
5. Drizzle each serving with honey, sprinkle with chocolate and marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. .
Serve and enjoy!
You can find a recipe similar to this recipe as well as 50 others in The S'mores Cookbook by Susan Whetzel. I hope that you try the oatmeal and many other recipes in this fabulous cookbook!
Have a great day!