Good Morning! A happy Saturday to you!
As I am always searching for great chocolate chip cookie recipes I thought that a double chocolate one must be just that, doubly delicious.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 oz of unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
13/4 cup of all purpose flour
11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
11/2 cups of bittersweet and semisweet chocolate chips mixed
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silphat baking liners.
2. Put chopped chocolate in top of double boiler and melt. Set aside to cool.
3. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, both sugars and beat until light and fluffy one medium speed. Beat in melted chocolate. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just blended. Add flour mixture and stir until blended then add chocolate chips.
5. Drop by spoonfulls onto baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool briefly on pans and then remove to cool on wire racks.
These cookies are delicious! Soft, gooey and chocolaty. I have to warn you though, do not over bake these cookies or they will turn hard. Not that I minded as I ate the majority of these cookies right out of the oven!
Are you a fan of chocolate chip cookies? Do you have a "go to" recipe? If you do I would love to hear about it, leave me a link to your recipe so I can try it out!
Have a great day!
I should be mopping the floors...