Friday, October 12, 2012

Chocolate Almond Toffee Rice Pudding



Hello! Happy Weekend to you! I hope that yours is off to a fine start. Mine is great! I have already been baking, and frankly if my day involves baking and a little chocolate than all is well.



I do not know about you but I am a huge fan of rice pudding. Plain rice, not so much. Perhaps it has something to do with the sugar and the cream? 

I am not sure but I actually think it has something to do with fond memories. I always associate chocolate rice and rice pudding with my grandmother. Now this is not chocolate rice, chocolate rice believe it or not was a diet, back in the 70's. You would take rice, cocoa powder and some sort of sweetener, I think Sweet and Low liquid and sprinkle I few drops on. Voila, chocolate rice!  Whenever my grandmother wanted to loose a few pounds she went on the chocolate rice diet. 


 I just made this recipe up today, but you can use your own rice pudding recipe and just add candy bars and you will have a similar dessert. 

Chocolate Almond Toffee Rice Pudding

Ingredients:

1 take out container of rice
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1/2-3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 tsp of Almond extract
1 large Almond Toffee Candy Bar 

Directions:

Prepare a  9x9 baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. In a separate bowl, combine milk, cream and egg. Whisk until combined. Add vanilla bean paste and almond extract. Then add rice. Mix well and pour into pan. IF THE LIQUID DOES NOT COVER THE RICE, ADD A LITTLE MORE CREAM. Then take the candy bar and break into bit sized pieces. Sprinkle the pieces over the top of the rice.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked through.  Let cool a little then serve. 



Enjoy and have a great weekend!

No comments: