Hello! Happy Friday! I hope you are having a great week! Are you staying cool? It is sweltering here but I did manage to bake these early in the morning before we reached record highs. The good news is that it is supposed to go down a degree or two and now I have these tasty treats to keep me company this weekend.
Malted Milk Ball Brownies
adapted from Cookies and Cups and Eats Well with Others
1 (11.5 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
13/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup of malt powder or Ovaltine
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
* Preheat oven to 350
* Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
* Melt chocolate and butter in a pan over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
* Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and brown sugar until combined.
* Stir in dry ingredients, the flour, malt powder, baking powder, and salt
* Fold in the chopped malted milk balls
* Spread batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
* Let cool completely and then frost
Chocolate Malt Buttercream Frosting
* 1/2 cup butter softened
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups of powdered sugar
* 1 cup of malt powder or Ovaltine
* 1-2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
* In a mixer, whip butter until creamy
* Add powdered sugar, malt powder, and heavy whipping cream.
* Beat on low speed until desired consistency is reached
* Spread on cooled brownies
* Top with malted milk balls
These brownies are DELICIOUS!!! And the frosting...FABULOUS! I hope you try them! If you do, please come back here and tell me, I want to know what you think!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy!