Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Bread



via Once Upon a Chocolate

 


Ingredients

recipe and finished bread! Delicious
The recipe is as follows:

Chocolate Pumpkin Bread adapted from Paula Dean
2 loaves plus one small

21/2 cups of pumpkin puree
4 large eggs beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup of water
3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3 cups of sugar
2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350, spray pans with non stick spray or grease with oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water. In separate bowl combine all  dry ingredients.
3. Gradually add dry mixture to wet. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pans.
4. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
I love pumpkin bread and I have been known to eat a piece of chocolate of two but never in all of the years I have made anything with pumpkin have I combines the two. I think it is now my favorite way to have pumpkin bread! Try this the next time you are baking up a loaf, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Sorry I do not have any after photos of the bread sliced so that you could see the delicious chocolate chunks nestled with all the pumpkin goodness...we ate it all!

Linking to:
Modern Country Style

2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

You ate it all!!? I love that! And I'm not surprised -it looks delicious!!

Is there a way to follow your blog? I'd love to subscribe but can't see your followers gadget.....

Thank you for linking up to Modern Country Style's Fall In Love link party!

Sarahx

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Sarah said, looks delicious, then again, everything which contains chocolate is simply divine!

Also, want to ask how you subscribe?

Lizzy x