|The finished product!|
I love all things French and these are at the top of my list! These Madeleine's are delicious and a little different because they are chocolate and not the traditional vanilla. I have tried many recipes but this was a new one for me and quite frankly easier and the end result was much more moist. I am sure that you have seen these traditional French treats on your journeys around Paris, I can tell you that I have eaten my weight in these little cakes, which is probably how I gain so much weight when I travel to Paris, between the hot chocolate, the cheese crepes, and all of the desserts I do not stand a chance.
This recipe was adapted from Epicurious.
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
pinch of salt
4 lg eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 tablespoons of melted butter, cooled
Butter for buttering the pans
2. Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until think and tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the flour mixture, and then the melted butter. Do not over mix.
4. Chill dough overnight or for at least 3 hours in refrigerator.
5. Butter Madeleine pans and chill filled pans( they recommend 1 hour) I just chilled for 15 minutes.
6. Heat oven to 425 F.
7. Bake Madeleine's for about 7 minutes, do not over bake as they will become dry. Tip out of molds and let cool on a rack.
8. Best eaten slightly cooled or the same day.
|Fill buttered pans and refrigerate|
|Drop a Tbsp into middle if mold it will spread out itself|
|Light and fluffy|
|Share some today!|
I am participating in Foodie Friday at Designs by gollum. Come on over and check it out!