Friday, June 17, 2011

Choco-holic Cake

Delicious!

This recipe is so easy! You can whip it together in about 10 minutes, and that includes locating all of the items in your pantry. I found this recipe in an old Nestle Toll House book.  The ingredients are as follows:

1 Box mix Chocolate cake, any brand
1 Box of instant pudding chocolate
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups of chocolate chips

Mix all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips with a mixer on low for 1 minute, and then on high for 2 minutes. Then add chocolate chips and optional nuts and stir with a wooden spoon gently.

Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, then un-mold cake and let cool completely.

Frosting recipe:

2 1 oz squared of unsweetened Bakers or Nestle chocolate
3 tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of water
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium size pan heat butter and chocolate until melted, add powdered sugar and stir, add a little water to thin out the frosting. Continue to add water to desired consistency, then add vanilla and drizzle over cooled cake.


Ingredients

Finished Product

I could not locate my Bundt pan, I think I donated it when I moved because I seldom used it. Instead I used a spring form pan with a bundt insert. In full disclosure, I would not use it again because the cake stuck in the pan, even though I doused it liberally with Pam baking spray. I was fearful at one point that this was all going to be a waste. But in the end I did manage to salvage the cake, and remember frosting can hide a lot of mistakes. Also, when you make the glaze it has to be a good pouring consistency otherwise it gets a little gloppy looking like mine and looses a little shine. I do not know how this tastes because I took it to a friend and have not heard back yet. Hope you have a great weekend,

No comments: